The Medicare Supplement Plan along with an Original Medicare provides complete protection to a hospitalized person. It is a very common occurrence that the Original Medicare fails to cover the entire hospital bill. The Medigap helps in supplementing those additional expenses.
Services provided by the Medical Supplement Plan:https://www.bestmedicaresupplementplans2019.com/
The Medicare Supplement Plan is an insurance service provided to people who are in their late-60. As they are mostly relieved from all works, it becomes a lot of financial burden for a person and his family to pay the bill from their pocket. This insurance is sold by privately owned companies and people those who are more than 65 years of age are eligible to buy this plan. Recently, companies started selling this plan to people who have not attended the 65 year age mark.
Limitations of this plan:
The Medical Supplement Plan is not a stand-alone insurance, so a person must have an Original Medicare in place before he purchases the Medigap. It is also not possible to have a Medical Advantage Plan as well as Medical Supplement Plan all at the same time. A person must complete the validity of the advantage plan first and then buy Medigap or he can easily cancel the Advantage plan and purchase the other one. A medical Advantage Plan is a plan which enhances the basic Medicare plan.
There are certain expenses the Medigap does not cover:
- The bills incurred during long-term care is not paid the Medigap,
- If a person is looking for some insurance which will bear expenses for the prescribed drugs, then this is not the right policy.
- The Medigap does not bear the expenses for purchasing hearing and visual aids machine.
- The Medigap is individualistic in nature and provides protection to one person at a time. So, a married man who wishes to protect himself and his wife must purchase to separate plans.
There are some special criteria that a buyer must meet to:
- The person firstly must have an Original Medicare in place.
- He cannot hold two similar type of plan in a single time frame.
- He cannot come under the protection of Medigap if he is suffering from any pre-existing medical condition.
- There is a time frame called Medical Supplement Enrollment Period where a person can purchase this plan. It lasts for a period of about 6 months only.